Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Neverending Painting... lala la lala la lala la

Here's an acrylic painting I started once upon a time and never finished. It's for a story I wrote in college and began painting in Nov. 2005 ,which is pathetically long ago. My goal: Complete it within the next seven days. Finishing off an old painting, I hope, will help me to ease back into painting. I will rely on you, dear readers, to chastise me if it is not done.

This photo shows more texture than I would like, if/when I scan it, it shouldn't show up anymore. Anyway, suggestions made by others that I need to implement:

1. get rid of the tangent made between the hand and the sidewalk.
2. have some overlap on Red Hood from the groceries

And my own plans:
1. make the hands actually hand-like. I kinda just fudged them in there.. poorly.
2. Redo the outside scene (what's there now was meant to be a temp sketch)
3. Put a label on the bag
4. add more groceries to the bag
5. finish off the window
6. mayb put something on the wall. Not sure about this one.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. my train painting took 2 years for me to finish, so don't feel bad!!! PAINT PAINT PAINT!!! it looks great right now, so anything you do will improve it.

    ReplyDelete