Monday, February 22, 2010

Say hello to my little enemy...

You guys may or may not remember my little enemy drawing, but here he is above if you've forgotten. He's a little character from a story my dad and I wrote and I am currently illustrating.

Well, I recently did a test run for turning him into a sculpture. My reasons for doing this being that I would like to be able to look at him at all angles for various drawings, visualize him in various lighting situations, poses etc.... and Sculpey is fun! The test run is white, but I bought some bright yellow Sculpey for the finished little guy.

Hopefully the finished yellow fellow will have posable limbs etc. I'm still figuring the best way to do this. Here he is getting toasty in the oven:

And here is the little guy fresh from the oven, pre-sanding. Kinda reminds me of the Pillsbury Dough Boy. I believe the Rev commented on my previous post about poking him in the belly? Seems apt especially now that I see him in the round. I wish I could make him out of something squishy that would keep it's shape. Like Nerf or something. I'd squeeze him all up!

No comments:

Post a Comment